Yet to be framed. I have just finished stitching this piece of William Morris's achanthus leaves. I began by printing the image on treated fabric, then after rinsing in water & ironing on the wrong side to fix the ink, I worked the leaves in Split back stitch in a rayon thread, using 1 strand. This is one of my favourite Morris pieces & I aim to do more of them. Currently I am working on a Celtic tree so watch this space!!!
This is "Genie" which I have interpreted in very fine stitching in DMC threads on fine linen.
I have called her "Genie" because she looks like she is rising from a bottle or in this instance a jug.
The design comes from a kids' colouring page which I found on the internet.