Monday, July 22, 2013


Here is a photo of a partially stitched picture which when completed, will hang in my newly renovated bathroom. It is a circular design with another fish curved above this one. I took it from an image I found on the net. Watch this space for the completed work!

Saturday, July 20, 2013


I spotted a pattern for this pincushion in Australian,"Embroidery & Cross stitch" Vol 20 no 8, which was designed by Helen Dafter.
I don't usually do a lot of other designers' work, but this appealed to me so here is my take on it with one or two alterations to the design. Helen used silk ribbon which I did not have in my stash so I used DMC thread instead. I made a curved door instead of a rectangular one, & added a curved window beside the door &  doorbell.
 The left side showing the wisteria vine of beads.
 Right side showing the curved window & doorbell.
Slightly off centre showing a bit more of the vine & garden with stepping stones.

Saturday, July 13, 2013


I started embroidering this before the earthquakes 2 1/2 years ago! Now that winter is here I thought now would be a good time to get it out & finish it. Being a retired dress designer/maker the dress-form shape appealed to me. I designed the embroidered patterns which are worked in hand dyed cotton threads on a fine linen. The technique is Elizabethan which I love.
My next project is stylized fish in on a silk background for my bathroom with hopefully a seahorse to follow.
 How lovely to be this flat - back & front!
 And this small!
Dream on!